Recertify by Exam
Most certified HR professionals prefer to recertify their HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) credential through continuing professional development. Some professionals, however, prefer to recertify by retaking the exam. Follow these steps to recertify by exam:
- Fill out and submit an exam application by logging into your online account profile.
- Take the exam before your certification cycle ends.
- Recertify only at your current certification level.
- Wait at least 12 months from your beginning certification date before you take the test.
- Adhere to the same exam-application policies and procedures and pay the same fees as first-time exam takers.
HRCI will review all recertification-by-exam applications.