Effective as of June 2014
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- LICENSE GRANT. This TOU provides You with a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicenseable license to use the HRCI Website solely for your personal use and conditioned on your continued compliance with this TOU. You may print materials and information from the HRCI Website solely for your personal use, provided that all hard copies contain all copyright and other applicable notices contained in such materials and information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You may not (i) use, copy, store, reproduce, transmit, distribute, display, rent, lease, sell, modify, alter, license, sublicense, or commercially exploit the HRCI Website (or any part thereof) in any manner not expressly permitted by this TOU, (ii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate, or create any derivative work of the HRCI Website (or any part thereof); (iii) access, link to, or use any source code from the HRCI Website (or any part thereof); or (iv) erase or remove any proprietary or intellectual property notice contained in or on the HRCI Website (or any part thereof or materials therefrom).
- USER OBLIGATIONS. By accessing or using the HRCI Website, You also agree to be responsible for and to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, regulations, rules, and guidelines with respect to your use of the HRCI Website. In addition, You agree to assume all responsibility for compliance with this TOU and for your use, and the results of your use, of the HRCI Website.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The contents of the HRCI Website, including all software, designs, text, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video materials, artwork, databases, user interfaces, visual interfaces, sounds, artwork, computer code (including html code), products, information, and documentation, as well as the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel,” and arrangement of the HRCI Website unless otherwise indicated, are owned, controlled, and licensed by HRCI. Any rights granted hereby are expressly licensed. HRCI does not grant any implied right to You or any other person and does not transfer or assign any ownership or intellectual property interest or title in or to the HRCI Website (or any part thereof) to You or anyone else. The HRCI Website is Copyright © 2013-2014 HR CERTIFICATION INSITUTE, INC. and/or its licensors. HR CERTIFICATION INSITUTE, HRCI, HR CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE Plus Logo Design and all other names, logos, and icons identifying HRCI and its products and services are proprietary trademarks of HRCI, and any use of such marks, including, without limitation, as domain names or account identifiers, without the express written permission of HRCI is strictly prohibited. Other product and company names mentioned herein or on the HRCI Website may be the trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT. HRCI may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other websites or online social networks (or pages) for your convenience in locating or accessing related information, products, and services. These sites, networks, and pages have not necessarily been reviewed by HRCI and are maintained by third parties over which HRCI exercises no control. In addition, HRCI may in its sole discretion provide third party content generated through a rich site summary feed (“RSS Feed Content”) to help You keep track of certain regularly changing web content that is germane to HRCI’s work (e.g., applicable news and blog postings). Such RSS Feed Content has not necessarily been reviewed by HRCI and is created, aggregated and transmitted by third parties over which HRCI has no control. Accordingly, HRCI hereby expressly disclaims and shall not have any liability or responsibility for (i) any RSS Feed Content appearing on the HRCI Website, or (ii) the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on third-party websites, networks, or pages, which are accessible through links on the HRCI Website. Moreover, the links to other sites and RSS Feed Content do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party, any content, any website, network, or page, or the products or services provided by any third party.
- FEEDBACK. HRCI welcomes your feedback and suggestions about HRCI’s products or services or with respect to how to improve the HRCI Website. But, by transmitting any feedback or suggestions and any related information, material, or other content (collectively, “feedback”) to HRCI, You represent and warrant that such feedback does not infringe or violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party (including, without limitation, patents, copyrights, or trademark rights) and that You have all rights necessary to convey such feedback to HRCI. In addition, any feedback received by HRCI will be deemed to include from You a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive right and license for HRCI to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works of, display (in whole or in part) worldwide, or act on such feedback without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in the information, material, or content related to such feedback, and You hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THE HRCI WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES. HRCI MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE HRCI WEBSITE AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS All WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. HRCI ALSO DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE HRCI WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR IN A MANNER THAT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE HRCI WEBSITE IS WITH YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You acknowledge and agree that HRCI shall not be liable or responsible for any claim, damage, or loss resulting from a cause beyond HRCI's control, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other connection problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or other natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, or governmental restrictions. MOREOVER, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL HRCI BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR LOST PROFITS, FOR LOST DATA, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE HRCI WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF HRCI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, TOTAL LIABILITY OF HRCI FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THE HRCI WEBSITE, RESULTS FROM USE OF THE HRCI WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS TOU SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00 USD).
- ENFORCEMENT. HRCI wishes to maintain the HRCI Website as a helpful resource for all of its users. As it relates to HRCI, You therefore have no reasonable expectation of privacy while using the HRCI Website because HRCI reserves the right to view, monitor, and/or record activity on the HRCI Website (in accordance with applicable law) and to comply with government or court appointed authorities when necessary. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the HRCI Website may also result in criminal and/or civil prosecution, including, without limitation, punishment under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 under U.S. federal law. You shall therefore not, nor shall You permit any third party to, disable, circumvent, or otherwise avoid any security device, mechanism, protocol, or procedure established by HRCI for use of or with the HRCI Website. Moreover, You also acknowledge that any breach, threatened or actual, of this TOU by You may cause irreparable injury to HRCI and/or its licensors, such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and HRCI and/or its licensors would not have an adequate remedy at law. You therefore agree that HRCI and/or its licensors (or on their behalf) shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of your obligations under any provision of this TOU. Accordingly, You hereby waive any requirement that HRCI or its licensors post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to HRCI to enforce any provision of this TOU.
- TERMINATION. HRCI reserves the right at any time and on reasonable grounds, which shall include, without limitation, any reasonable belief of fraud, illegal activity, or actions or omissions that violate any term or condition of this TOU, to terminate this TOU with You (including any registered account) and your right to access and use the HRCI Website in order to protect its name, business, or goodwill and/or any other user. You acknowledge and agree that HRCI shall have the sole right to determine in its reasonable discretion whether You are engaging in any unauthorized activity and/or violating any term or conditions of this TOU. HRCI shall also not be responsible or liable for any damages or loss, such as loss of sales or profits, as a result of any termination of this TOU in accordance with this section. You may also terminate at any time by ceasing to use the HRCI Website. However, all applicable provisions of this TOU will survive termination, as outlined below. Any licenses from HRCI and any right to use the HRCI Website shall immediately cease upon termination of this TOU. The provisions concerning feedback, HRCI’s ownership rights, warranty disclaimer, limitation of liability, governing law, enforcement, termination, and the miscellaneous terms will survive the termination or expiration of this TOU for any reason.
- GOVERNING LAW. This TOU has been made in and will be construed and enforced solely in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, U.S.A., as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The state or local courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia will have exclusive jurisdiction and venue over all controversies in connection with this TOU, and You hereby consent to such exclusive and personal jurisdiction and venue. Any claim You might have against HRCI relating to performance under this TOU must be brought within two (2) years after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. In addition, You agree to waive any right to a jury trial in connection with any action or litigation in any way arising out of or related to this TOU and that each party has the right to seek attorneys’ fees in any proceeding. You also acknowledge and agree that any applicable state law implementation of the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (including any available remedies or laws) shall not apply to this TOU and is hereby disclaimed.