Individuals and organizations with HR-themed continuous learning programs can become vitalmembers of the HR Certification Institute's (HRCI) community through the HRCI Approved Provider (AP) program. All HRCI-credentialed professionals rely on AP-approved events and activities to earn recertification credits required to maintain their credentials — making our AP programs what they look for and select to attend.
The events and activities an AP can submit range from webinars to seminars, and from online courses to conferences. Like you, HRCI is committed to providing approved provider resources that help HR professionals to grow and advance, both in their careers and their organizations.
What is an Approved Provider (AP)?
An AP is an organization that offers public continuing education events/training that are pre-approved based on aligning with HRCI's Exam Content Outlines.
An individual or organization must apply to become a provider in a contract based 12-months AP program with the following options:
|Type|| Application Fee*|| Notes|
|AP|| $450||Includes 1 free conference|
|Conferences Only|| $250||Price per conference|
*This fee is a non-refundable, 12-months administration charge paid upfront and is based on the program type selected.
How do I become an HRCI Approved Provider?
If already an AP, simply maintain/renew your application every 12-months. To become an AP, you must apply and register for the program if you or your organization provides HR-themed events or activities. These programs must align with the various Exam Content Outlines for the HRCI suite of credentials. Once your events and activities are reviewed and qualified, they become pre-approved as part of the frequently-visited HRCI Approved Provider (AP) Directory listing the network of continuous learning opportunities.
What are the Benefits?
Becoming an HRCI Approved Provider opens your programs to a range of benefits. Pre-approval gives you the opportunity to:
- use the Approved Provider (AP) seal to showcase your activity as pre-approved by HRCI and that it offers recertification credit(s). The seal is emailed to the administrator/primary contact every time HRCI approves a submitted activity.
- access an Approved Provider Toolkit which provides you with resources and information about AP requirements and step-by-step guides to marketing your events and activities.
- market your events and activities to thousands of global HRCI-certified professionals who must earn recertification credits to maintain their credentials.
- receive HRCI's pre-approval Activity ID for your programs and activities.
- be featured on HRCI's Homepage Calendar about events and conferences.
- appear in HRCI's e-Newsletter — circulation to ~150k global certificants.
- be in a searchable AP Directory — where HRCI-certified professionals go to find and fulfill their learning and development needs.
Start with Your Approved Provider Profile
- Create/Update your profile and submit your application with payment.
- Appoint an administrator as the primary contact.
- Submit HR-related activities that are open to the public.
- You must also include at least three samples of your programs or activities per calendar year.
- Apply and sign a 12-month contract, which must be renewed yearly.
- Complete an "on-monitor" status period where HRCI reviews the submittals for validity and compliance with HRCI's Exam Content Outlines.
- The cost is $450 for the AP program and includes unlimited program submittals and one free conference in a 12-month period.
- If you decide not to become an AP and only want to submit a conference(s) for approval, the cost is $250 per conference.
How to Become an Approved Provider
To become an AP, please download the guides below to help you get started:
Additional comments or questions?