*Candidates cannot transfer or move their exam date from one testing period to another.
Step 1: Create an online account
Click the “Login” button at the top of the page. Under the login box, click the “Create Account” link. If you already have an account but do not remember your password, please click the ‘Forgot Password’ link to reset it.
Profile creation requires information including the following:
- Full name as it appears on your government-issued ID -- At the test center, you will be required to present an unexpired, government-issued ID. Make sure the name on your application matches the ID you will present at the test center.
- Mailing address -- We will mail results reports and certificates to the address that you list on your application.
- Demographic information --This will include information such as your age, sex and company name. We request this information so that we can learn more about certification candidates. We do not use this information to determine who is eligible to take an exam.
Step 2: Complete application and payment
Access your profile by logging in using your email address and password. Select "My Application" from across the blue banner at the top of the page. Then select "Apply for Certification". Continue the process by completing all required fields on the exam application.
Completing an application requires information including the following:
*The option to request association membership pricing will follow on a different step.
- Selecting an exam type and exam period.
- Selecting the program (exam type) and the exam fee.
- Selecting the highest level of education COMPLETED.
- Qualifying HR work experience -- The position or positions listed in this section must exactly match the approved position codes. If you cannot find an exact match for your job title on the position code list, you must list that job title as “Other” on your application. You will need to upload your official job description. If you do not provide this information, you will not be eligible to take this exam.
Step 3: Affirmation
You will be asked to affirm that the information submitted on the application is complete and true. The affirmation also attests that you have read the HR Certification Handbook and agree to be bound by all policies and procedures outlined in it.
Once this information is complete, you will submit payment. Only completed and paid applications can be processed.
Step 5: Schedule Exam
Exams are administered through our exam partner Prometric. Prometric operates a network of test centers in over 160 countries. To schedule an exam, click the "For scheduling exam please click here" link on the receipt page of your application payment. We encourage you to schedule your exams early in the testing period, as demand increases near the end of the period.
Step 6: Take Exam
On exam day, bring an official government issued identification (example: Passport).