Congratulations! You're about to accelerate your career. Below are crucial steps to getting certified. Let's get started.
Step 1: Create an online account
Click the “Log in” button at the top of the page. Log in using your email and password or click the “Create Account” link. If you already have an account but do not remember your password, please click the ‘Forgot Password’ link to reset it.
Account creation requires the following information:
- Full name -- At the test center, you will be required to present an unexpired, government-issued ID. Make sure the name on your application matches the ID you will present at the test center.
- Mailing address -- We will mail official results reports and certificates to the address that you list on your application.
- Demographic information --This will include information such as your industry, organization name and size. We request this information so that we can learn more about certification candidates. We do not use this information to determine who is eligible to take an exam.
Step 2: Complete application
Access your account by logging in using your email address and password. Select "My Application" in the blue banner at the top of the page. Then select "Apply for Certification". Complete all required fields.
Completing an application requires the following information:
- Selecting an exam type
- Selecting the highest level of education COMPLETED
- Entering qualifying HR work experience -- The position or positions listed in this section must exactly match the approved position codes. If you cannot find an exact match for your job title on the position code list, you must list that job title as “Other” and upload your official job description. If you do not provide this information, you will not be eligible to take this exam.
NOTE: Candidates may not move their exam date from one testing period to another.
Step 3: Complete Affirmation
You will be asked to affirm that the information submitted on the application is complete and true. The affirmation also attests that you have read the HR Certification Handbook and agree to be bound by all policies and procedures outlined in it.
Step 4: Submit Payment
After completing all required application information, you will submit payment. Only completed and paid applications can be processed.
Step 5: Schedule Exam
Exams are administered through our exam partner Prometric. Prometric operates a network of test centers in over 160 countries. To schedule an exam, click the "Schedule Exam" link on the receipt page of your application payment. We encourage you to schedule your exams early in the testing period, as demand increases near the end of the period.
Step 6: Take Exam
On exam day, bring an official government issued identification (example: Passport).
Step 7: Receive Results
Official results will be mailed within approximately eight (8) weeks after taking the exam. Successful candidates will receive their credentials at this time as well.