The Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) certification is designed for the HR professional who
- designs and plans, rather than implements, HR policy
- focuses on the “big picture”
- has ultimate accountability in the HR department
- typically has six to eight years of progressive and increasingly complicated HR experience
- has breadth and depth of knowledge in all HR disciplines
- uses judgment gained with time and knowledge application
- understands the business beyond the HR function and influences the overall organization
The SPHR exam is divided into six functional areas:
- Business Management and Strategy (30%)
- Workforce Planning and Employment (17%)
- Human Resource Development (19%)
- Compensation and Benefits (13%)
- Employee and Labor Relations (14%)
- Risk Management (7%)
For complete exam content, please review the PHR/SPHR Body of Knowledge.
| Exam Format
|| Exam Duration
|175 multiple-choice questions
||3 hours long
4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Master’s degree or higher;
5 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Bachelor’s degree;
7 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor’s degree.
Click here to review the 2011 exam eligibility requirements.