All test centers enforce the following rules to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all exam takers.
- arrive at the test center at least 30 minutes before scheduled reporting time
- present an unexpired government-issued ID bearing your photo and signature
- you will be admitted only by appointment and only at the time and location of your appointment
- you may not smoke at the test center
- if you have to leave the exam room, you will not be given extra time for the exam and you must present an ID when you sign out and in to the exam room. No breaks are scheduled during the exam
- you may not bring the following into the exam room: food, drinks, purses, briefcases, notebooks, calculators, pagers, cellular/mobile phones, recording devices, watches or photography equipment. You may not use a cell/mobile phone or a PDA during the exam, including during a break. If you are found using such a device during a break, you won't be allowed to continue the exam and you will lose all fees.
- you may wear religious headwear into the exam room. A exam center staff member may inspect it before you enter the exam room.
- you are expected to behave in a civil manner in the exam center. If you behave abusively toward the exam center staff or other candidates, you may lose the right to take and receive a score for the exam and/or you may be criminally prosecuted.
During the Exam
You may not
- leave the test site during the exam for any reason. If you do, you will lose the right to take and receive a score for the exam and you will lose all fees.
- take study materials, documents or memoranda of any sort into or from the exam room or review it during a break.
- ask questions about exam content.
- submit comments about specific exam questions during the exam by following the applicable onscreen instructions. We will review all comments, but we will not respond.
Other exam rules
- all exams are monitored and may be recorded in both audio and video format.
- we reserve the right to cancel any exam score we believe to be obtained in a questionable manner.
- it is expressly prohibited to disclose, publish, reproduce or transmit any part of the exam, in any form, by any means, verbal or written, for any purpose, without our expressed written permission. Violation may result in civil or criminal prosecution.
To reduce distractions by the sounds of typing, coughing, or people entering and exiting the exam room, the exam center provides “white noise” background sound and, by request, earplugs or noise-reducing headsets. In addition, you may bring a set of sealed, disposable earplugs, which the exam site administrator will inspect before the exam. Prometric cannot provide a completely noise-free environment.